After being involved in an accident caused by a third party, you should use an aggressive and reputable lawyer to represent in court. A good lawyer helps you get a fair judgment giving you the opportunity to recover all your expenses. Such expenses include medical bills, hospital bills, lost wages and so on. On your face to face meeting, there are some important questions you must ask the attorney before deciding it is them to represent you in court. Read on to get tips on how to interview the personal injury lawyer.
Recommended questions to ask a personal injury lawyer
- What is your area of practice? The attorney you are about to choose must be able to represent a case like yours.
- What is your area of specialization? It is best if you choose a lawyer who is specialized in the particular type of accident as yours.
- How many years of experience do you have? Experience is very important in personal injury cases. Consider lawyers with more than ten years of experience.
- Have you ever presented a case similar to mine? If a lawyer has presented cases similar to yours, it means that they have more experience.
- Do you only settle cases out of court? If a lawyer only deals with cases outside of court, you do not expect full service from them. What happens if you will be needed to settle your case in court? Choose a lawyer with experience outside and in court.
- Will you be the one personally handling my case or will you assign it to someone else? A lawyer might have passed all the above questions until they inform you that they will be giving your case to someone else. Select a lawyer who will be the one to walk with you the whole process personally.
- Can you break down your fee payment plan? There are fees associated with lawsuits. Some lawyers never inform you about some hidden charge. You will be surprised to get a huge bill after your case is done. The lawyer must be able to break down all your fees in detail.
- Do you have the workforce and enough finances to take care of your case? Big cases require a lot of finances such as investigations, medical expenses, expert testimonials and much more. A capable lawyer must be in a position to finance all the expenses and have the right connections.